Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week of March 2-7

Monday-
I went over to my friend's Julies house to have dinner with the missionaries. We had spaghetti....without any silverware or plates! She invited another family from the ward over and they were really entertaining. The dad was hilarious and made it really enjoyable. Julie's husband played the drums (he is very talented) while one of the family's sons played the electric guitar. We had food and entertainment.
Julie's girl-Riley
Friday-
We woke up to snow. It was a winter wonderland outside. Of course, I had left my camera over at Julie's house, but it was a gorgeous sight. Brody turned nine months and I have decided that he has what I call the "baby disease". He has no signs of teeth yet and has absolutely no hair. He is not crawling or even propping himself up to his hand and knees. I know everyone must worry with their first child about everything and I feel like I am doing a ton if it. I want some progression. He is doing well at naps (whew) and his toys keep him occupied for a while. Saturday-

Downtown Dallas during the day.

Downtown Dallas at night.
Jeff is preparing for boards and is out at his school all the time taking classes to prepare him for the crazy test. I drove out to Dallas with Brody and met him and we hopped over to a movie. Um...what were we thinking. Brody doesn't do movies. We took turns outside of the movie and vowed never to go to the movies again. What I really need are my mom and Jeff's mom to live close so that we can actually go to a movie!

8 comments:

Cait said...

He gets cuter every day! It looks like he is having tons of fun with mom and dad!

Carlie said...

how n the world do u have spaghetti without silverware? sounds like a fun time. i've been sick with the flu for a few days now. brody is so cute. dont worry, he'll get hair and teeth soon

Johnson Family said...

I love your new "weekly journal" format! It is so fun to see what you guys do out there in good 'ole Texas. Lund asked me today "Why do they always say "it is so hot in Texas!!" I don't know where he picked that up, but I will have to tell him that it snowed in Texas, and by the way you live in Arizona son!

Andrea M. said...

We made the mistake of taking Becca to a movie when she was about the same age as Brody - definately a disaster! He'll get better though. We took both Becca and Anson in November and they were perfect!

Katie Peterson said...

You poor thing....I am totally laughing about the moving comment, only because I can totally relate! We have been there, done that! Hang in there...that stinks that Jeff has been gone so much....its almost over, right??

Stoddard Studios said...

yeah, you can't go to the movies with a 9 month old. You can start going again when your kid is about 2 and a half. Ha ha. The other day I took bryson (3) and brodey (a month and a half) to the movies and they were actually both good. It was nice. I'm sure once Brodey stops sleeping all the time I'll have to stop going. But, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Claydens said...

Hey Becky,I attepted the $1 movie with Blake, we saw Enchanted and I thought he'd love it. I was wrong. Brody is so big and cute! Are you guys moving back this summer? Good luck with boards Jeff, DAve is taking his this weekend....

coltin-n-connersmommy said...

new blog address.coltin-n-connersmommy.blogspot.com