Monday, March 17, 2008

Week of March 9-15

This week I had the opportunity to visit Utah for the funeral of my Grandmother. As you can see, she was a beautiful woman outside and in. At the funeral they talked about her sense of humor and her love for her family. Going there was a great opportunity to remember her and visit with the family. Left: Brother Ryan, Sister Alisha, Me & Brody, Brother-in-law Morgan, Aunt Diane, Uncle Mike, Cousin Rachel, Cousin Ingemar, Uncle John, Cousin Heather, Cousin Meghan, Sister Christa Front Row: Niece Cassidy, Niece Sarah, Nephew Lund, and Dad holding Nephew Will
I got the chance to see cousins, Aunts, and Uncles that I have not seen in 13 years!
Also got the chance to hang out with my sisters and brother-
We went exploring downtown Salt Lake at Temple Square. We got a tour of the new Conference center, the Relief Society building, and the Joseph Smith building.We caught Will staring at the cute couple across the reflective pool.
My sister's oldest daughter, cassidy was a huge help and loved to hold Brody and thought I was goofy when she found the comb I packed for him. The Joseoh Smith building which used to be a Utah hotel was gorgeous. Christa's kids and Brody standing in front of a Joseph Smith statue. Sarah is gorgeous with her big brown eyes. I really think she will have to fight off the boys someday. Brother-in-law Morgan, dad, and Cassidy in front of Salt Lake Temple.Inside the Conference Center-
This painting is life size. If you stand up to it you feel as if you were really there. The building is pretty neat. We went and sat in the seats and looked down at the massive building which holds 12,000 people and they told us it is so hard to get in to a session.

7 comments:

The Owens said...

Sounds like your grandmother was very special to you. How nice that you were able to see a lot of your family.

Kyla said...

Your grandma sounds very sweet. It's so fun to see family that you don't get to see very often; my fam always has fun~ Glad you had a safe trip.

The Websters said...

I am sorry about your Grandma. I do see where you get your good looks. Your baby is beautiful! Love you!!

Johnson Family said...

Hey Beck! What a great tribute to grandma! I loved reading everything and your pictures were all wonderfull!!!! Great times, but I am definitely glad to be back in my own house where I can wrangle my kids how I like...He!!He!! It was so great to see you!!!
Your big sis

Maria said...

Hi Becky, Sorry about your Grandma. Sounds like it was fun seeing everyone though.

Debbie said...

I love how you give weekly updates...such a great idea! Glad you had a nice trip to Utah. It is so fun to visit Temple Square and glad you were able to get together with family and remember your grandma. Your grandma definitely sounds like a great lady!

Katie Peterson said...

I haven't seen your family in years!! I can't beleive how old your brother is...and how did you get to be the only sibling with blonde hair?