Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sold our turtle

Jeff loves turtles and I am also fond of them because they remind me of my grandmother who would collect turtle figurines. We have had two pet turtles in our married life that have kind of grown with us. Our African sulcata tortoises are pretty neat animals. Our biggest one is so big I can't pick her up and our smallest of the two will follow you around like a dog. We got these two turtles as babies and just a few days ago sold one. We just have too much stuff to move-us, dog, and a baby!!! Not a fun task so we have been eliminating as much stuff as possible and one being one of our turtles. We paid 25 dollars for "Tae" four years ago and got 200 dollars when we sold her. Good return for our money, but I am also happy because she is at a good home.

7 comments:

Claydens said...

when are you guys done and moving back to AZ?

Shiloh McKinnon said...

AWESOME! My mom loves turtles and they have had turtles for pets for many years now.

Kristen said...

Wow, get that guys number. I'll deliver for free!!

coltin-n-connersmommy said...

how sad. I remember you used to have one growing up(in your house in the 56th ward) and if you didnt wash your hands afterwards, you'd get samonilla poisoning.

Price Family said...

Wow! How sad! The turtles gone!But, that means its almost time to come home =)

Katie Peterson said...

How fun you have/had turtles! I think they are the best pet...although they can kind of be messy..but so easy to take care of! Good luck with the move!

Amber Ayres said...

Wow... that's a big turtle! so... I love your blog page! thanks for visiting mine. It will be fun to keep up with each other. But we have to hang out before ya'll move! We're doing movies and Kona grill @ northpark friday if ya'll can get a babysitter!